On the eve of Sephora’s VIB Rouge holiday shopping event, I found it most appropriate to share with you my Sephora must-haves and wish list. Below you will find items that I have purchased numerous times, and new items that I have had my eyes on for various reasons.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream is a moisturizer I cannot be without. Even when I am experimenting with other products, I always make sure I have this in my cabinet. It is a mousse-like texture that works in a non-greasy, moisturizing kind of way. Now that I discovered the tube version, I can let go of the jar! (Say no to jars!)
- Sephora Cleansing Wipes in Rose were introduced to me by accident actually (isn’t that the best way?) by the lovely girl working at the store who was helping me find the right foundation. She gave me the wipes to wipe off what we were trying. I went in during my lunch break from the office and went back to my desk with no moisturizer on and yet my skin felt lovely. (Ps. I only like the Rose version).
- Bumble & Bumble BB Thickening Dryspun Finish spray is a texturizing spray that I purchased numerous times because of the nice lift it gives my roots. I have a natural balayage going on, so my roots tend to fall flat very quickly, while my blonde ends are drier. This helps give my hair some body. I love it!
- Tatcha Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder saved my skin after a brutal rash from a product I was trying out. It will forever hold a special place in my heart. It develops into a milky foam once in contact with water, that then polishes your skin.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe is my go-to eyebrow product to fill it the gaps. You can use it to make your brows as natural or as dramatic as you please. I don’t fill in my eyebrows every day, as I find brow products make my hairs shed, but when I do, this is my favourite.
- Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Transluscent is a powder loved by many make-up artists and beauty gurus. I am sure you have heard of it endlessly, but if you have not – it is a must have in your collection. It is a fabulous, finely milled powder that does not cause any flashback (for me, at least) and sets beautifully. My favourite way to apply it is with the velour puff.
- Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Fluide in 02N is a dream foundation. I tried it as a sample, and am dying to get my hands on it. It gives you good coverage, with a skin-like finish. I am into natural foundations and this is the perfect mix of coverage and dew. The price tag however, is nothing short of a shot in the heart.
- Smashbox Always on Matte Liquid Lipstick in Stepping Out is such a beautiful dark nude colour and the formula has significant lasting power. I have been hesitant to buy it because of the value for your money. In comparison to other popular liquid lipsticks, you get less product for more money.
- Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil I have received often via samples however I feel like this needs to be a staple in my cabinet for those days when your skin has had too much and needs something simple. It is also versatile and can be used on your hair and body.
- Sunday Riley Good Genes is such a cult favourite that I feel compelled to try it. The Luna Sleeping Night Oil did not work for me, so I am curious to see how this one will play out. I am hoping it helps clear up my post-acne marks. Any thoughts?
- Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Universal Daily Peel is a two-step peel pad I tried once and loved. I have a lot of texture on my skin and I had so much success the time I used it, that I am dying to see long term results. It might even replace my beloved Paula’s Choice chemical exfoliate.
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner is a recommendation from Alessandra Steinherr (Beauty Director for Glamour UK) via her instagram (you should be following her if you are a skin care junkie – you’re welcome). The product is supposed to assist with blackheads, which is the bane of my existence. I have tried so many products, including prescription grade, and they will not leave me be!
The VIB Rouge sale begins November 4th – 7th and gives you 20% off. The VIB sale begins November 11th – 14th and also gives you 20% off. The sale is applicable to both in-store and online purchases.